Udayana University Inaugurates 18 Permanent Professors, Now Has 214 Professors
A total of 18 Permanent Professors at Udayana University (Unud) were inaugurated at an Academic Ceremony at the Widya Sabha Auditorium Building, Unud Bukit Jimbaran Campus, Saturday (16/9/23). The eighteen professors came from the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, 1 person, Faculty of Agricultural Technology (FTP) 1 person, Faculty of Medicine (FK) 2 people, Faculty of Engineering (FT) 6 people, Faculty of Cultural Sciences (FIB) 4 people, Faculty of Agriculture ( FP) 3 people, and Faculty of Law (FH) 1 person. With this inauguration the total number of Professors at Udayana University is 214 people.
Rector of Unud, Prof. Dr. Ir. I Nyoman Gde Antara, M.Eng., IPU said, the percentage of Professors owned by Unud is 16%. This goes far beyond the provisions expected by the Ministry. It is hoped that the presence of these Professors will improve the quality of learning, lectures, and guarantee the competency of graduates. "By increasing the number of Professors, we will further increase the role of Udayana University in society. Because we already have several experts in their fields who will of course help the community in terms of education, research and community service," he said.
On that occasion, the Rector of Unud introduced the 18 Permanent Professors who were confirmed, consisting of:
1) Prof. Dr. Dr. I Ketut Suryana, Sp.PD-KAI., FINASIM (Faculty of Medicine) with the title Scientific Oration on the KET-U-T Phenomenon Contribution of Immunology in Collaborative Efforts for Supportive Care and Continuous Comprehensive Treatment of HIV Infection,
2) Prof. Dr. Ir. Ni Made Trigunasih, M.P. (Faculty of Agriculture) with the title Scientific Oration on the Science of Land Resource Development Based on Environmental Conservation,
3) Prof. Dr. Ir. I Kt. Suarsana, M.T. (Faculty of Engineering) with the title Scientific Oration Innovation of Fine Powder Aluminum Matrix Composites Reinforced by Silicon Carbon Whisker and Alumina using the Powder Metallurgy Method for Vehicle Brake Materials,
4) Prof. Dr. Ir. Ni Wayan Sri Astiti, M.P. (Faculty of Agriculture) with the title Scientific Oration on Gender Roles in Subak Management in Bali,
5) Prof. Drs. I Nyoman Udayana, M.Litt.,Ph.D. (Faculty of Cultural Sciences) with the title Scientific Oration Lexical Intonational Expressions in Indonesian Interaction between Discourse and Pragmatics,
6) Prof. Dr. I Made Netra, S.S., M.Hum, (Faculty of Cultural Sciences) with the title Scientific Oration The Complexity of Intentionality of the Speaker's Meaning Evidence from the Cultural Practice of Ngidih in Balinese Society,
7) Prof. Dr. Ni Luh Nyoman Seri Malini, S.S., M.Hum. (Faculty of Cultural Sciences) with the title Scientific Oration on Mother Tongue Inheritance as Strengthening the Identity of Diaspora Communities in Bali,
8) Prof. Dr. Ir. I Dewa Gede Agung Diasana Putra, S.T., M.T., IPU. (Faculty of Engineering) with the title Scientific Oration on Local Cultural Sustainability and Architectural Modernization in Bali,
9) Prof. Dr. Ir. I Gusti Ngurah Nitya Santhiarsa, M.T. (Faculty of Engineering) with the title Scientific Oration on Engineering Technology for Making Composite Materials,
10) Prof. Dr. Anak Agung's wife Ari Atu Dewi, S.H., M.H. (Faculty of Law) with the title Scientific Oration Participation of Traditional Villages in the Formation of Regional Regulations Perspective of Bali Province Laws,
11) Prof. Dr. Ir. Yohanes Setiyo, M.P. (Faculty of Agricultural Technology) with the title LEISA Technology Scientific Oration for Healthy Agricultural Land in the Highlands,
12) Prof. Dr. Ir. Ni Luh Kartini, M.S. (Faculty of Agriculture) with the title Scientific Oration on Organic Agriculture that Saves Life Based on Local Resources and Local Wisdom Supporting the Creative Economy,
13) Prof. Dr. Dra. Ni Ketut Ratna Erawati, M.Hum. (Faculty of Cultural Sciences) with the title Scientific Oration Exploring the Archaic Lexicon in Balinese Diachronic Linguistic Studies,
14) Prof. Ir. I Ketut Sudarsana, S.T., Ph.D. (Faculty of Engineering) with the title Scientific Oration Mitigating Earthquake Hazards in Existing Reinforced Concrete Structures by Strengthening Using Local Materials,
15) Prof. Dr. Ni Luh Suriani, S.Si., M.Sc. (Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences) with the title Scientific Oration on the Potential of Piper Caninum and Rhizobacteria Plant Extracts as Biopesticides to Suppress Leaf Spot Disease in Rice Plants (Oryza sativa),
16) Prof. Dr. Ir. I Made Oka Widyantara, S.T., M.T., IPU, ASEAN, Eng. (Faculty of Engineering) with the title Scientific Oration on AIS Signal Processing for Intelligent Systems for Monitoring Maritime Ship Activities,
17) Prof. Dr. Ir. I Made Adhika, M.S.P. (Faculty of Engineering) with the title Scientific Oration on the Strategicity of Regional and City Planning in Sustainable Development,
18) Prof. Ir. I Nengah Sujaya, M.Agr.Sc.,Ph.D. (Faculty of Medicine) with the title Scientific Oration The Role of Microbes and Local Food Sources in Realizing Sustainable Public Health Through Modulation of the Gastrointestinal Microbiota.
The Rector of Udayana University hopes that the Professors will be able to carry out their duties as well as possible, have a big responsibility to be role models, be able to protect and provide solutions to problems that arise in society through their knowledge, in order to advance the nation and state, provide motivation to juniors as well as colleagues. By increasing the number of superior human resources, Unud is expected to further increase its competitiveness at national and international levels.
Meanwhile, Chair of the Unud Professors Forum, Prof. Dr. Dr. Ketut Suastika, Sp.PD-KEMD congratulated the new professors and their families and relatives who have supported them all this time. Inauguration of professors cannot be separated from research. For this reason, the Professor's task is to improve the quality of research, especially those related to basic and applied research. "Let us work together and at the same time invite all new professors to improve this capability, so that Indonesia will truly become a strong country in the future," said Prof. . Suastika.