Based on a suggestion to Doctoral Program in Management Sciences (PSDIM) of Udayana University, Faculty of Economy of Unud since 2012/2013 academic year is permitted to operate PSDIM based on the Decree of Minister of Education and Culture Number 27/E/O/2012 dated 24 January 2012. In 2012/2013 academic year, PSDIM held first class student selection for the first time. There are 4 (four) scientific concentration in PSDIM, which are Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resources (SDM) Management, and Tourism Business Management. However, in this first class, no student selected Tourism Business Management so only 3 (three) concentrations were in operation.
27 people registered as potential students of class 2012/2013 and after stages of selection which consist of Basic Competence Test, Academic Potential Test, TOEFL, and Interview, 7 (seven) people didn’t pass and the remaining 20 passed. However, after one meeting in the first semester, a student, named Tommy Hendro Trisdiarto, NIM 1290871019, resigned due to being assigned to Jakarta. Therefore, active registered students for the first class were 19 people.
Then, the number of people who registered for class 2013/2014 was 25 people and after stages of selection which consist of Basic Competence Test, Academic Potential Test, TOEFL, and Interview, 3 (three) people didn’t pass and the remaining 22 (twenty two) people passed. After that, the number of people who registered for class 2014/2015 was 25 and after stages of selection which consist of Basic Competence Test, Academic Potential Test, TOEFL, and Interview, 3 (three) of them didn’t pass and the remaining 22 (twenty two) people passed. Therefore total students from those three classes were 63 people. Performance accomplishment particularly for the first class is among 19 active students, 17 students have passed qualification examination, 10 students passed Dissertation Supporting Course (MKPD), 8 students passed Proposal Examination, and one student passed Research Result examination. Performance accomplishment of the second class is among 22 active students, 5 students have passed qualification examination and 1 student passed Dissertation Supporting Course (MKPD). Performance accomplishment of the third class is all 22 active students are finishing the second semester of their courses.
Since PSDIM was opened, all activities were coordinated by a Task Executor Chairman of Study Program (KPS), Prof. Dr. I Ketut Rahyuda, SE, MSIE with the assistance of Task Executor Secretary of Study Program (Sekprodi), Dr. I Putu Gde Sukaatmadja, SE, MP, based on the Decree of Rector No. 43/UN14/KP/2012 dated 23 February 2012 regarding the Assignment of Task Executor (PLT) Chairman and Secretary of Doctoral Program of Management Sciences of Postgraduate (S3) Level Program of Udayana University.
Based on the Decree of Rector No. 80/UN14/KP/2013 dated 19 March 2013 regarding the Discharge and Assignment of Head of Doctoral (S3) Program in Management Sciences in Postgraduate Program of Udayana University, all activities are coordinated by a definitive Chairman of Study Program (KPS), Prof. Dr. I Ketut Rahyuda, SE, MSIE and a definitive Secretary of Study Program (Sekprodi), Dr. I Putu Gde Sukaatmadja, SE, MP. They’re supported by two staffs, which are Luh Elly Kartini who handles Academic and Student Affairs and Ni Putu Sri Suarningsih, SE who handles General Administration and Financial Affairs.
Since the establishment of Doctoral Program of Management Sciences, based on the Letter of Director General of Higher Education of Ministry of Education and Culture Number: 160/E/AK/2013 regarding Operational Permit and Accreditation of Study Program dated 1 March 2013 in Article 33 clause (3) and clause (5) of Law No. 12 Year 2012, universities/organizing bodies which have received study program operational permits before 10 August 2012 and the study programs haven’t been accredited, they receive “C” for 6 (six) months starting from 1 March 2013. Thus, Accreditation Forms were immediately submitted to BAN PT in Jakarta on 31 August 2013 in accordance with the provisions and laws in effect, and based on the Accreditation Result of BAN PT Number 291/SK/BAN-PT/Akred/DVIII/2014, dated 23 August 2014, it passes accreditation with “B” rank which is in effect for the next 5 (five) years.
Since the opening of PSDIM of Udayana Unviersity, there have been many improvements of quality of education. In 2012, PSDIM has Faculty Quality Control Unit (UPMF) in Faculty of Economy and Business of Udayana University which handles quality control starting from S0 level (Diploma), S1 (Undergraduate), S2 (Graduate), to S3 level (Postgraduate), including the PSDIM of Faculty of Economy and Business of Udayana University, headed by Prof. Dr. Ketut Sudibia, SE, SU.
To improve the quality of education of PSDIM of Unud, the institution continues to plan cooperation. Cooperation which has been performed by PSDIM is cooperation between PSDIM of Unud and Gajahmana University and PT Toyota Astra Motor Indonesia, particularly in holding a seminar on “Empowering Community Economy toward Independent and Developed Village Communities”.
To have effective academic quality control, per 17 July 2013, Doctoral Program in Management Sciences of Udayana University received international recognition in the form of Certificate of Registration ISO 90001:2008 on Quality Management System Standard. The certificate was given ceremonially on 30 July 2013 which was attended by top officials of Unud Rectorate and Postgraduate Program of Udayana University.
Vision and Missions
Vision, missions, purposes, and goals of Doctoral Program in Management Sciences of Postgraduate Program of Udayana University (hereinafter abbreviated PSDIM PPs Unud) is derived from the vision of Udayana University and the vision of Postgraduate Program of Udayana University which was adjusted to real conditions faced by PSDIM PPs Unud through in-depth review by a Reviewer Team which is also a part of the board to prepare the establishment of PSDIM PPs Unud itself in 2010. Reviewer Team consisted of stakeholders of PSDIM PPs Unud which were head of faculty, study program manager, permanent lecturers, and employees and graduate users. The summary of the process since the formation of Reviewer Team until the production of review results which are vision, missions, purposes and goals of PSDIM PPs Unud is as follows:
- Formation of Reviewer Team which consists of:
- Dean of head of Faculty of Economy and Business of Udayana University. The Dean provided insights and inputs regarding things which have been performed and will be performed based on strategic plans of Faculty of Economy and Business which is the home of PSDIM PPs Unud.
- Senate of Faculty of Economy and Business of Udayana University which has the power to provide input and assessment or evaluation of the performance of teaching process, from Diploma program to Doctoral Program in Faculty of Economy and Business of Udayana University. Senate members were specially invited to give inputs on the vision of the operation of PSDIM PPs Unud.
- Lecturers and or future lecturers of PSDIM PPs Unud who are graduates of various Postgraduate Programs of famous universities in Indonesia and abroad to provide various perspectives in formulating the vision of study program. They were asked to give input regarding teaching situations or conditions they have experienced as postgraduate students in their universities. Positive things are adopted, while negative things are taken as lessons.
- Reviewing the visions and missions of Udayana University, and Postgraduate Program of Unud as references to formulate the vision and missions of Doctoral Program in Management Sciences of Unud.
- The result of review on visions and missions of Udayana University, and Postgraduate Program of Unud was adjusted to a Study of Internal and External Environments (SWOT) of PSDIM PPs Unud. The study on various internal and external information was performed to get an illustration on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to PSDIM PPs Unud.
- Making vision, missions, purposes, and goals of Doctoral Program in Management Sciences of Unud by involving stakeholders of PSDIM PPs Unud to make vision and missions of PSDIM PPs Unud.
Address : Jalan P.B. Sudirman Denpasar Bali, 80232
Telephone : 0361 - 255158
Email : email@example.com
Website : pps.unud.ac.id