Udayana University Inaugurated Ten Professors
Jimbaran - Saturday (12/9/2020), at the Widya Sabha Auditorium Building, Jimbaran Campus, an Inauguration of Professor at Udayana University was held. A total of ten professors were inaugurated by the Rector of Udayana University, namely two people each from the Faculty of Humanities, the Faculty of Medicine, the Faculty of Engineering and the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, and one each from the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Animal Husbandry.
The ten professors referred to are (1) Prof. Ir. Made Sukrawa, M.S.CE., Ph.D. as a Professor in the Field of Civil Engineering at the Faculty of Engineering with the title of a Scientific Oration "Contribution of Infill Walls to the Resistance of Earthquake Resistance Structures".
(2) Prof. Dr. Ir. Ida Bagus Gaga Partama, M.S as a Professor in Animal Nutrition and Forage Science at the Faculty of Animal Husbandry with the title of a Scientific Oration "Application of Ruminant Nutrition Science in increasing the productivity of Bali Cows".
(3) Prof. Ir. Komang Dharmawan, M.Math., Ph.D. as a Professor in the Field of Mathematics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences with the title of a Scientific Oration "Contribution of Mathematics in Realizing Sustainable Tourism".
(4) Prof. Dr. Drs. Anak Agung Ngurah Gunawan, M.T. as a Professor in the Field of Physics at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences with the title of a Scientific Oration "Utilization of Physical Parameters to Early Detect Breast Cancer".
(5) Prof. Dr. Ni Ketut Supasti Dharmawan, S.H., M.Hum., LLM. as a Professor in the Field of Law at the Faculty of Law with the title of a Scientific Oration "Culinary Protection - Tourism Gastronomy in the perspective of Intellectual Property Law and Cultural Advancement".
(6) Prof. Dr. dr. Dewa Putu Gde Purwa Samatra, Sp.S. (K) as a Professor of Neurology at the Faculty of Medicine with the title of a Scientific Oration "Sports Improves Quality of Life for Parkinson's Patients".
(7) Prof. Dr. dr. Anak Agung Wiradewi Lestari, S.Ked., Sp.PK. as a Professor in the Field of Clinical Pathology at the Faculty of Medicine with the title of a Scientific Oration "Increasing the Role of Clinical Pathology and Transfusion Medicine in an effort to overcome Corona Virus Diseases-19 to realize Bali Rise, Advanced Indonesia".
(8) Prof. Dewa Made Priyantha Wedagama, S.T., M.T., M.Sc., Ph.D. as a Professor in the Field of Transportation Science at the Faculty of Engineering with the title of the Scientific Oration "Analytical Model in the Study of Traffic and Road Transportation Safety".
(9) Prof. Dr. Dra. I Gusti Ayu Gde Sosiowati, M.A. as a Professor in the Field of Linguistics at the Faculty of Cultural Sciences with the title of a Scientific Oration "Principles of Cooperation in Language Politeness".
(10) Prof. Dr. Drs. I Putu Gede Suwitha, S.U as a Professor in the Field of History at the Faculty of Humanities with the title of the Scientific Oration "Trade Diaspora and Cultural Cross-Cultural Ages XVII-XIX".
The Rector of Udayana University Prof. A.A Raka Sudewi in his description said that Professor is the highest functional position for lecturers. For universities, the number of professors they have is very important as the Prime Mover who drives the wheel of the Tridharma of Higher Education. With the inauguration of these ten professors, the total number of professors at Udayana University is 157 people, with this the ratio has exceeded 10 percent of the total number of lecturers. This number is also expected to increase every year.
The Rector hopes that the professors who have been confirmed are able to carry out their duties as well as possible, because behind this position contains a great meaning and demands greater responsibility. As a professor, he is expected to be able to protect and provide solutions to problems that arise in society through the knowledge that is owned and can advance this nation and country.