Udayana University Faculty of Animal Husbandry which initially named the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry was founded in 1962 (Education Minister Decree No. 104, dated 19th August 1962), and based on the Decree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia No. 8, dated 31st January 1963, which as well as the establishment decree of the University of Udayana. At that time, University Udayana had only housed four faculties, namely: the Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry, as well as the Faculty of Teacher Training and Education. The latter faculty has breakaway from Udayana University and was named the College of Teacher Education located in the town of Singaraja, Buleleng.
Under Presidential Decree number 62 in the year of 1982 on the Organization of Udayana University, the name of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry did no longer exist, and a name that appeared was the Faculty of Animal Husbandry. Therefore, since the year of 1982, the name of the Faculty of Animal Husbandry designated as a substitute for the name of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry.
Since the establishment of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and Animal Husbandry Udayana University, the only existed department was the Animal Husbandry Department. In 1980, the Department of Veterinary Medicine was developed in which then stood alone into Veterinary Studies Program and now becomes the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine.
Furthermore, through the decree from the Indonesian Republic Minister of Education and Culture No.0562/O/1983, about the type and number of departments in the faculties at Udayana University, decree from the General Directorate of Higher Education No.55/Dikti/Kep/1984, dated 31st July 1984 about the type and number of study programs in Udayana University environment, the Faculty of Animal Husbandry has two departments and nine fields of study supported by laboratories. Referring to the decree of Minister of Education and Culture No. 0311/U/1994 on existing national curriculum of Bachelor Division of Agricultural Sciences, Faculty of Animal Husbandry has owned two departments (Livestock Production and Animal Nutrition and Feed). Both are accredited by the Indonesian National Education Ministry’s National Accreditation Board of Higher Education. For the Department of Nutrition and Feed with number of 12/BAN-PT/Ak-VII/S1/IV/2004, dated 16th April 2004, and for the Department of Livestock Production with number of 017/ BAN-PT/Ak-VII/S1/V/2004 dated 7th May 2004, each received a rating of A.
Through license of Higher Education on the implementation of socio-economic animal husbandry studies No.1871/D/T/2002 dated 3rd September 2002, has formed the Animal Husbandry Socio-economic Study Program in bachelor degree education level. This study program is still under the auspices of the Department of Livestock Production. While the Technology Lab of Livestock still an embryo of Livestock Product Technology Study Program.
Furthermore, the follow-up results of tracer studies on alumni and stakeholders of the Faculty of Animal Husbandry, it was deemed necessary to combine all departments in the Faculty of Animal Husbandry into a study program. After going through various stages of the eventual merger of the Departments and Study Programs in the Faculty of Animal Husbandry Udayana University could be realized, with the Director General of Higher Education Letter No. 113/Higher/Kep/2007 dated 31st August 2007 with the name of the new study program called "Animal Husbandry Study Program". At the Juni of 2016, the Department of Animal Husbandry obtain the A accreditation from the National Accreditation Board for Higher Education.
- The realization of qualified Faculty of Animal Husbandry that capable in producing graduates that have high moral value, independent, master in Animal Husbandry science and technology, cultured, and entrepreneurial spirit.
- In order to realize the aspired state as mentioned in the vision of Udayana University Faculty of Animal Husbandry, then Udayana University Faculty of Animal Husbandry set the mission of:
- Conducts academic education based on integrated quality management in four disciplines, namely: Nutrition and Feed, Livestock Production, Livestock Products Technology and Socioeconomic Animal Husbandry.
- Improving the quality of continuing education, oriented to the new paradigm of higher education structuring (autonomy, accountability, quality, evaluation and accreditation) to generate graduates who have a high relevance and competence to the development of science and technology and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Conducting research and community service that touches the interest of stakeholders, so that science and technology are developed remains correlated with growth and employment needs.
- Develop a reliable educational infrastructure to perform the functions of the Three Pillars of Higher Education.
- Improving organizational management and leadership capabilities that are oriented to quality service, professional, democratic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Organizing cooperation in various fields with various parties, both inside and outside the country to improve the quality of implementation of Three Pillars of Higher Education.
Address : Kampus Bukit Jimbaran, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia 80361
Telephone : 0361702771
Email : email@example.com
Website : fapet.unud.ac.id