SUICIDAL BEHAVIOR IN METHADONE MAINTENANCE THERAPY CLIENTS AT PTRM SANDAT RSUP SANGLAH

SKRIPSI

Abstract

By : Cok Istri Sadwitri Pemayun

Email :

Faculties : Fakultas Kedokteran

Department : PS. PENDIDIKAN DOKTER

Introduction: Suicidal behavior in question are suicide ideation and suicide attempt. The point of suicidal behavior is an act of self-injure, both of their minds and do it intentionally but without causing death. Free opioid users are at higher risk of suicide behavior than those who are undergoing treatment with methadone. This study aims to determine the prevalence of suicidal behavior, its distribution based on time of incident and duration of therapy undertaken. Including characteristics by age group, marital status, educational status and occupation in methadone maintenance therapy clients at PTRM Sandat RSUP Sanglah. Method: Design research for this study is cross sectional with descriptive method to determine the prevalence of suicidal behavior in methadone maintenance therapy clients. The study went on for 2 weeks in September 2012 and has been done at PTRM Sandat RSUP Sanglah. Data obtained is primary data through interviews with attached questionnaire, demographic data and has fulfilled the inclusion criteria. Result and Investigation: Total subjects who obtained 35 people, almost half of the total subjects have suicidal behavior (40%) and the rest do not have suicidal behavior (60%). Period of incident of suicidal behavior is common when before they get therapy (31,4%) compared to the time before and after therapy (8,6%). Suicidal behaviors are mostly found on the clients who have had more than 1 year of therapy (50%). Characteristics of methadone maintenance therapy clients are majorly men, aged 31-40 years, had been married, have a job, high school graduated and has been undergoing methadone therapy more than 1 year. Conclusion: Most subjects do not have suicidal behavior. Suicidal behavior are mostly found in the age group 31-40 years, married and not married, have a job, high school graduated, and undergoing methadone therapy more than 1 year.

Keyword : Suicidal behavior, suicide ideation, suicide attempt, methadone maintenance therapy clients

Download : File 1 File 2 File 3