Collaboration for Network-eNabled Education, Culture, Technology and Sciences
For the first event in 2013, we are resuming our Research Institutes Introduction Session (RIIS).
This month, the 4th session of RIIS will feature The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), from Tsukuba, Japan.
Date: Thursday, January 31, 2013
Time: 13:30-15:30 Bali time GMT+8
Place: GDLN Building, Sudirman-Denpasar
Free and get sertificate
Speaker: Dr. Kinya Sakanishi, Supervisory Innovation Coordinator, Representative of Research Core for Asia Biomass Energy.
Topics in the session:
1. Introduction of AIST, including support for foreign researchers,
2. Introduction of research activities of AIST in the field of energy and environment,
3. Bio-mass research in Asia.
How to join the session?
• Through video conference facility (interactive); Please contact Marlin firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to join by means of video conference.
• Through live-streaming website by SOI Asia (non-interactive); Please use this form to register!
Who Can Participate?
This event is open and free.
Anyone can participate in this event, particularly if you are:
• A professional who is looking to broaden his connectivity in the linkages of Science Institutions in Asia, or
• A student who is looking to study or conduct research within a Energy and Environment field, specifically in bio-mass research, or
• A resercher who is looking for potential collaborators, or
• Someone who has interest in Science Research Development in Asia.
More info about RIIS Session 4: http://connect-asia.org/connect-course/24-riis/114-riis-4-aist-japan We are looking forward to your participation! What is RIIS?
Research Institutes Introduction Session (RIIS), is a series of interactive e-learning sessions which will introduce Asia’s leading scientific research institutions to young people to cultivate their interest in related fields, and to graduate students and prospective postdoctorals to learn about scientific research work in Asia.
RIIS will also provide a rare opportunity for participants to ask questions directly to the institution representatives. This session is open and free to everyone.
Who are we and what is CONNECT-Asia?
We are from CONNECT-Asia, part of the EST (Engineering Sciences and Technology) Unit of UNESCO Office Jakarta. We organize interactive e-learning sessions via video teleconferencing, in which participants can interact lively with them through video conference.
CONNECT-Asia (COllaboration for Network-eNabled Education, Culture, Technology and science) was created to share experiences on information and communication technologies and work together for education and research.
Filed under: event